Adam Walsh suspect James Campbell

Groups Forums Morbid N’ Macabre True Crimes Adam Walsh suspect James Campbell

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    kellyoates76
    Participant
      Up
      Down
      ::

For those of us that follow true crime, the name Adam Walsh is instantly familiar. I’m not going to tell the specifics here, because 99% of you know. But Adam was a 6 year old boy from Hollywood Florida who went missing on July 27,1981. Now, who killed Adam? Many of you may say, Ottis Toole. After all, the case is now considered solved by the police with Toole being blamed. But for those of you who dig deeper into the case, you will see that the evidence is less than flimsy. I honestly don’t think that even John Walsh truly believes that Toole is guilty. For 27 years the only remains of Adam ever located, his head had sat in a police evidence locker. They understandably were ready to close the case, and bury their child’s remains.

Today I want to talk about James “Jim”Campbell , and why he may be the killer of Adam Walsh. Jim was very close to Adam’s parents John and Reve. You could say a bit too close because he had moved in with the Walsh’s for the past four years and had been carrying on a love affair with Reve during this time. As Jim describes it, it was very passionate, he and Reve had plans for the future together and without John. But it became uncomfortable living in such a volatile situation, and Jim had moved out a week before Adam went missing. He and John had started to have problems getting along, even though John supposedly didn’t know about the affair. Jim was given 2 polygraph interviews by police, and I will give the link for both of these. You must read them!! For me it changed everything I had felt about the case. So please take the time and read them!! And ask yourself while reading this, what is more likely, a boogeyman stranger grabbing Adam or someone he has known for years? Someone who claims to be closer to Adam than his own father. Jim Campbell states a clear motive during the polygraph interviews. He says Adam was the only link between John and Reve. Well who stood to gain from destroying that link?

It’s clear he had the motive. But he also had the means. He had been with Reve and Adam that same morning before they had left to go to the mall. Campbell knew exactly where they were going. Could he have been stalking Reve? Adam would have certainly gone with him because he was like family. The Walsh’s certainly believed that Jim Campbell was innocent. John even paid for Jim’s lawyer even after finding out about the affair. And it’s quite possible they are right. But the things that Campbell says in these interviews, is so hinky! Please take the short time to read, and share your opinion!! And eventually we should debate Jeffrey Dahmer as being a suspect in Adam’s murder also.

Go to this page:

http://www.brainscratchers.com/adam-walsh

Then scroll down to where it says Suspects, and find where it says James Campbell polygraph 1 and James Campbell polygraph 2. Download both of these pdf files, they aren’t very long. And don’t forget to give your comments about what you think after reading.  I want to hear your feedback, even if you think I am an idiot. I just desperately need feedback on this theory. Thank you!!

Up
      Down

Great subject, and link. What is suspicious, for me, is the way John has accepted Ottis as Adam’s killer when it’s so unlikely to the rest of us. In my mind there’s no way Toole is responsible, nor is Jeffrey. John knows his way around a case, he has to see it, yet he denies it. Is it wishful thinking, or is there more to it? Also, I’ll never believe Dahmer could’ve had a hand in Adam’s murder, either. I like Campbell for the killer.

kellyoates76
      Participant
        Up
        Down

I definitely find Walsh’s response strange. If you read Toole’s multiple confessions, it’s so easy to see that it’s total BS. Like I said the only thing that makes sense to me is that they wanted so badly to bury the remains because they knew it wasn’t getting solved. But I also wonder why the Walsh’s who I am sure read those interview transcripts of Campbell’s, can so easily dismiss him as a suspect. Why would John be so quick to defend him when he’s been screwing his wife right under his nose for four years? Didn’t they ever think about how bizarre the timing was? And didn’t they worry about the clear motive that Campbell had? Yes I find it all strange about the head being found 100 miles away. And I don’t know Campbell’s movements in the following days. But I think that should have been looked at. On the day of the abduction, he had a window of several hours, but I am not sure it would be enough.. I am not saying 100% here’s your killer, but I wonder why he was dismissed so quickly.. There is actually one other suspect I briefly read about when looking up information on Campbell, I will have to go back and look at that. But I would be shocked off my ass if it actually was Toole. The evidence doesn’t point that way at all!

kellyoates76
        Participant
          Up
          Down

Here’s a blurb of news listing other suspects, I am sure I will get around to these other names eventually because I never will get away from this case.

Outside family and friends, one of the first tips that detectives followed seriously involved Edward James, 50, of Pompano Beach. He’d been arrested in November 1981 for abducting a boy and had been questioned about Adam’s murder. John Terry, 55, a cellmate of James’ in the Broward County Jail, told police James talked of murdering Adam.

Neighbors told detectives that James was gone from his apartment for two weeks around the time of the murder, and detectives learned that James had a new seat cover installed in the front seat of his 1973 Plymouth Fury on Aug. 27, 1981.

James denied any involvement in the murder. In a November 1995 interview, a computer voice stress test turned up nothing.

Over the years many other serial kilers with ties to Florida were mentioned as possible suspects, including serial killers Henry Lee Lucas and Donald Leroy Evans, even Jeffrey Dahmer.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.