The Current Todt Family Murders

Groups Forums Morbid N’ Macabre True Crimes The Current Todt Family Murders

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Up
    Down
    ::

The Todt family had consisted of father Tony, 44, mother Megan had been 42, 13 year old Alek, 11 year old Tyler, baby Zoe was only 4, and the family’s dog named Breezy. The family seemed to have lead a beautiful life. The married couple had both been physical therapists with their own business in Colchester, Connecticut, though they had recently decided to move the family to Orlando, Florida; the Todts rented a home on Disney property, in a community called Celebration. As a Florida native let me tell you, anything Disney is ridiculously expensive; you can easily drop a grand on a single night’s stay in a Disney hotel room alone! But the family had the money to burn, they’d worked hard for it, so why not spend it as they wished?

A few days after Christmas of 2019 the family supposedly came down with the flu, and they remained sick. Though Tony continued to exchange texts with family and friends, his wife and the kids had simply disappeared. Friends and family knew something was terribly wrong. Neighbors stated that they’d not seen the family of 5 coming or going since November, but since the Todts traveled a lot they hadn’t thought much of it.

A missing persons report was filed for the family of 5, and on December 29th police knocked on the Todts front door; no one answered, but nothing seemed out of the ordinary, either. Then, on January 13th, police decided to monitor the residence as Tony had a warrant for healthcare fraud. Investigators watched as the man entered his home, yet when they knocked on the door he pretended to not be there. Once the door was busted down, a massacre was discovered. The mother, her 3 children, and even their beloved dog, Breezy, had all been murdered and taken to an upstairs bedroom. Tony had been living in the home with his decomposing family for weeks! The family annihilator was arrested at gunpoint, and taken to the hospital as he’d attempted suicide via large quantities of Benadryl.

Apparently things hadn’t been as they’d seemed. Tony’s P.T. license had expired, and his business up north had been forced to close. Money had been running dangerously low; just before the murders the family had received an eviction notice, they were going to lose their home on Disney property. In late December Tony stabbed each of those who loved him the most, then he just hung out there with his deceased family as long as he could.

Now here’s something extra strange about the whole thing: back in 1980, when Tony was just 4, his own father, Robert Todt, had recruited a student of his to murder Tony’s mother, Loretta! Tony and his sibling had actually been home at the time; the boy had heard a bang, and ran to the room where he witnessed his mama wrestling on the bed with a man. Loretta had taken a bullet through the eye but somehow survived the ordeal. The attacker, John Chairmonte, was found guilty of attempted murder and sentenced to 4 years incarceration in exchange of his testimony against his former teacher. Robert was charged with conspiracy, solicitation, and attempted murder; he received a sentence of ten to twenty years. Today he is free, he’s remarried, has a nice life, and can be found on Facebook just like everyone else!

Some believe that Tony had been following in his father’s footsteps when he killed his family, and maybe that did have something to do with it. Who knows? I’d love to discuss this case, especially as the details unfold.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    kellyoates76
    Participant
      Up
      Down

That is bizarre! I didn’t follow this one very close, sounds like I should have. A lot of twist and turns. How could he stay there for weeks afterwards smelling his family’s rotting flesh? I remember the press saying when he did the perp walk that he smelled extremely bad. It seems like he was completely deranged. I wonder if he took them to the Disney property because he knew what he planned to do. I would imagine so.

Up
      Down

Especially here in Florida! It’s super hot! They have charged him with killing his wife and children, so now we wait for the details. It’s been an interesting case

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.